Quilt Class Supply List
- A sewing machine in good working order
complete with power cord and foot pedal, extra prewound bobbins, extra
needles, sewing machine extension table (if you use one), 1/4" foot and
walking foot if you have one, cleaning
tools (oil, Q-tips, lint brush), rubber door stops to prop your machine or
table toward you, OTT light and extra light bulb for your machine. Bring
your manual, too.
- Check with your teacher to find out if you need a specialty sewing
machine needle or foot.
- Basic sewing kit: extra
thread (gray is a good neutral color), pins, scissors
seam ripper, tape measure, sewing gauge, hand sewing needles (betweens in size 9
or 10 are usually good), needle threader, thimble, wonder clips, fabric
marking pencil, paper marking pencil or pen, pencil sharpener, paper for
note-taking, paper lunch bag for and masking tape (or a
Bitty Buddy) for cleanup.
- Rotary cutter, extra
blade, ruler, good-sized mat, your favorite ruler(s).
- Iron or mini-iron, ironing
Press and an extension cord or power strip.
- If you are going to be using fusible, don't forget the
and some used dryer sheets to rub on your iron to get rid of stray glue.
- Pillow to sit on, bottle of water,
camera, and chocolate.
- Don't forget your glasses!
- Last but most important - bring an open mind and a willingness to learn
Additional items for retreat classes
- Bring extra fabric. Don't limit yourself to the fabric for the project. You may make a miscut, or you may see a new technique or idea that you want to try.
- Extra rulers in case your breaks, or you want to try something new.
Bring at least one long one and one square one.
- Read our article on
Money. Is there anything there you want to try?
- Bring an extra sewing machine if you have one.
- Bring extra clothes in case you get snowed in.
- Put your car keys on a lanyard and don't forget where you put them.
- Wine, chocolate or other
gift for the
hostess (or just to share.)